Egypt yet to notify Caf over CHAN withdrawal

0

The Confederation of African Football (Caf) says it has yet to receive any official letter confirming Egypt’s intended withdrawal from the 2018 African Nations Championship (CHAN).

Earlier this week, Egyptian officials said they were pulling out of the tournament for African players based in their domestic leagues because of a timing clash.

“We sent an official reply to Caf that we will not be able to play CHAN,” said Egypt FA (EFA) executive director Tharwat Sweilam.

Caf says it has not received any correspondence from the EFA ahead of January’s finals.

“Nothing official (has been) received from the EFA in that regard,” a Caf spokeperson told BBC Sport on Tuesday.

At a meeting in Lagos earlier this month, the African body’s Emergency Committee re-installed Egypt into the CHAN after Morocco had been designated as the tournament’s new hosts.

About Author

Leave A Reply

Shares