The South African Football – SFA CEO, Tebogo Monthlante has said that his outfit is considering its options after the world football governing body (FIFA) dismissed its protest Ghana in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier game.
Fifa on Friday dismissed the protest by South Africa that called for the replay for the 2022 World Cup qualifier against Ghana that the Bafana Bafana lost last month in Cape Coast.
The ruling means that Ghana have legitimately qualified for the Play-offs in next year March.
According to Fifa, the protest didn’t meet FIFA requirements under Art. 46 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code and Art. 14 of the Regulations of the Preliminary Competition of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
“The protest lodged by South Africa has been declared inadmissible by the Disciplinary Committee as it did not meet the requirements foreseen under art. 46 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code and art. 14 of the Regulations of the Preliminary Competition of the FIFA World Cup 2022,” FIFA said in a statement.
The statement added that: “The decision is subject to appeal.”
— SAFA.net (@SAFA_net) December 3, 2021
“The South African Football Association (SAFA) will consider its options after the world football governing body (FIFA) dismissed its protest following Bafana Bafana’s controversial 1-0 loss to the Black Stars of Ghana last month,” SAFA said
SAFA CEO, Advocate Tebogo Monthlante said once SAFA gets reasons for the outcome, will sit down and weigh its options.
“We have received the decision without details and we will request FIFA for the reasons and consider our options.”