Austrian club BW Linz Sports Director Tino Wawra, has said that Ghanaian striker Raphael Dwamena was not in danger despite collapsing in a game against Hartberg.
Dwamena, a former FC Sion attacker, collapsed while playing in the OFB Cup on Wednesday and was quickly rushed to the hospital for immediate treatment.
But after examinations by a hospital in Austria, the Ghana international responded positively and is currently out of danger.
“Raphael is doing well so far, I was able to convince myself of that at his hospital today and he can laugh again. the scope of the situation is not easy and of course he has now become aware of all of this again and he can realistically assess the future,” Wawra told the club’s website. “The doctors’ testimony was that his life was never in acute danger because of his defibrillator,” he added.
“His “defi” intervened a total of four times. Raphael still has some examinations ahead of him today and can either go home this evening or tomorrow morning – there is no longer any danger if he avoids exertion. we will discuss with the doctors in the next few days how things will continue. “