Brong Ahafo United FC and Real Tamale United FC (RTU) protested against each other in relation to the Division One Zone One Week 27 game between the two sides that was ended abruptly as chaos broke out and referee Maxwell Hanson physically assaulted by section of the home fans.
RTU have now been declared winners of the abandoned game with three points and plus three goals. The Northern giants are now on 62 points at the second place after 29 matches – two points short of leaders Bofoakwa Tano.
The Disciplinary Committee made the following decisions:
1. That the Protest of Brong Ahafo United FC is dismissed.
2. That the Protest of Real Tamale United FC shall succeed.
3. That for Brong Ahafo United FC initiating the acts responsible for causing the abrupt end of the match, Brong Ahafo United FC shall forfeit the match in accordance with Article 33(1)(b) of the Division One League Regulations.
4. That having been found to have forfeited the match, Brong Ahafo United FC shall be considered as having lost the match in accordance with Articles 33(2) and 34(12) and accordingly, three points and three (3) goals are hereby awarded in favour of Real Tamale United FC.
5. That in addition, being the defaulting club, Brong Ahafo United FC shall lose three (3) points from the club’s accumulated points from their previous matches pursuant to Article 33(5)(a) of the Division One League Regulations.
6. That in addition, being the defaulting club, Brong Ahafo United FC is hereby fined Two Thousand and Five Hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢2,500.00) payable to the GFA, 50% of which shall be paid to Real Tamale United FC pursuant to Article 33(5)(b) of the Division One League Regulations.9
7. That being the defaulting club, Brong Ahafo United shall pay an amount of Five Hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢500) as the transportation expenses of Real Tamale United FC
8. That the fines mentioned above, shall be paid to the GFA within fourteen (14) days upon receipt of this Ruling, failing which Brong Ahafo United FC shall forfeit their subsequent matches after the said deadline.
9. That should any party be dissatisfied with or aggrieved by this Decision, the party has within one (1) day of being notified of this Ruling to appeal to the Appeals Committee of the Ghana Football Association.