Embattled former president of the Ghana Football Association, Kwesi Nyantakyi has vowed to sue the BBC, ace investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas and Tiger Eye PI over the undercover documentary number 12.
To this end, the former FIFA and CAF council member has directed his lawyers to commence procedures to petition the British Parliament over the BBC’s sponsorship of the documentary.
Spokesperson to Kwesi Nyantakyi, Dr. Martin Luther Obeng speaking on local radio station Joy Fm in Accra maintained the innocence of Mr. Nyantakyi, explaining that the apology he rendered was not an admission of complicity or guilt.
According to him, Mr. Nyantakyi is willing to fight the case in court to redeem his image.
Mr. Nyantakyi on Monday denied claims by Anas that he received 65, 000 dollars bribe in the recently aired documentary.
The former CAF Vice President also claimed in his statement on Monday that a demand of $150, 000 was made by a third party representing Anas to drop the number 12 investigative piece.
In his lengthy response, Mr. Nyantakyi said he rejected the offer because he didn’t have the said amount to meet the demand.
Mr. Nyantakyi who resigned as Ghana FA boss after he was handed a 90-day ban by FIFA is also demanding the entire recording made by Anas.
“Let me also confirm that there was a demand on me through a third party to part with $150k for Anas to drop the videos on me. I didn’t have the said amount of money to meet his demand.
“My humble request to the Ghanaian public now is this, having heard my side, whatever your view is, please tell Anas to let you have the benefit of the full video devoid of his prior commentary and advice. You are capable of understanding things yourself.
“Unfortunately, I do not have a video to show you because I dealt with people I trusted to be businessmen because they were introduced to me by a person I knew well. I have learnt the bitter way that the fact you trust someone does not mean you must trust who they trust.”
Mr. Nyantakyi also claims that his email account was hacked on five separate occasions last year and suspects Tiger Eye to have done the hacking to concoct emails.
“I also reject all fabricated emails constructed from my account to implicate me in a wrong-doing. I have evidence that at least on five (5) occasions during the period under review, some person[s] gained unauthorized access to my email account. The avowed aim of the Tiger Eye Team being mischief, my belief is that my email account was hacked with the deliberate aim of tarnishing my reputation. ”