Ghanaian teen talent Kamaldeen Sulemana has been named among the top ten best performing youngsters across Europe’s top five leagues this season by WhoScored.com.
Sulemana,19, is far enjoying his debut Ligue 1 season, troubling defenders with his bewitching set of skills, mazy runs and super-sonic speed.
A WhoScored rating of 7.47 is the sixth best in Ligue 1 this season, while four WhoScored man of the match awards is the most in the division.
Tout le monde va bien après ça ? 😅
— Stade Rennais F.C. (@staderennais) October 18, 2021
Only teammate Doku (5.4) is completing more dribbles per 90 than Sulemana (4.7), while four goals is also a respectable return for a player who has transitioned to Ligue 1 with ease.
The former FC Nordsjaelland winger ranks ahead of Manchester United’s Mason Greenwood, and English youngster Jude Bellingham.
Kamaldeen is only surpassed in the ranking by Bayern Munich’s Alphonso Davies and Florian Wirtz of Bayer Leverkusen.
Below is the top ten best performing youngsters by WhoScored.com:
- 10. Josko Gvardiol (RB Leipzig) – 7.01
- 9. Ivan Ilic (Verona) – 7.08
- 8. Sergino Dest (Barcelona) – 7.19
- 7. Dominik Szoboszlai (RB Leipzig) 7.19
- 6. Melvin Bard (Nice) – 7.22
- 5. Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) – 7.31
- 4. Mason Greenwood (Manchester United) – 7.36
- 3. Kamaldeen Sulemana (Rennes) – 7.47
- 2. Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich) – 7.63
- 1. Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen) – 7.64