The Ministry of Youth and Sports have activated plans to make former Brighton and Hove Albion coach, Chris Hughton new Black Stars coach, Sportsworldghana.com can report extensively.
The coach has long been linked to the Ghana coaching job ahead of the appointment of Otto Addo as head coach for the 2022 FIFA World Cup tournament in Qatar.
Hughton was appointed as the technical advisor of the Black Stars after the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations tournament in Cameroon earlier this year.
Sportsworldghana.com can confirm that, measures have been put in place to make the Irishman of Ghanaian descent the permanent gaffer of the Black Stars team.
He was with Otto Addo during the clash against the Super Eagles of Nigeria in the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers in Ghana and Abuja as Ghana pipped the Nigerians to qualify for the Mundial.
He’s expected to be made the head coach for the Black Stars team in the coming days if nothing new pops up with the MoYS keen to reach agreement with the FA to make the appointment official.
Hughton is vastly experienced coach who had stints with English Premier League side Newcastle United FC.
He’s expected to be given three years contract should all parties agree on his appointment after Otto Addo’s departure.
Meanwhile, Otto Addo has advised the next Ghana boss to be bold and fearless in implementing his ideas for the Black Stars team.
Vice President of the Ghana Football Association, Mark Addo, after Otto Addo’s exit mentioned that the FA , has plans to get a new gaffer for the Black Stars ahead of the next AFCON qualifier matches.
Mark Addo during an interview said:
’We knew that Coach (Otto Addo) will be leaving in six months, so we do have a succession plan’’ Mark Addo told the press at a briefing in Doha on Saturday. ‘’We just going through the process, it’s a process, you know the Ghana Football Association works with different stakeholders in this decision-making process’’.
‘’Like I said, first thing is to get our reports in quickly, have a meeting within our stakeholders, including the President, the Executive Council and Government and once that is done, we will make a decision on his successor. So yes, we have a plan’’ he added.