Former Ghana international striker Felix Aboagye believes that the Pharoahs of Egypt have an advantage over Ghana when the two countries meet on the second day of the 2018 World Cup qualifying tournament but he was quick to add that the Black Stars will not be pushovers.
“If you look at the history of the Egypt national team, about 90% of the team is in Egypt and the remaining 10% is made of foreign-based players. This has been the trend for a long time and because most of the players are in the country they are bale to camp together as quickly as possible. So they blend well and this gives them some advantage and at the moment you can see that they are really on form.” Felix Aboagye told Kumasi-based Metro FM on Monday.
Aboagye who also played for Al-Ahly and Zamalek added that the Black Stars are known for their big game temperament and that Avram Grant’s side will be tough customers for the Egyptians coming Sunday 13th November.
” Though Egypt have the advantage but Ghana Black Stars are known for their big game mentality and character and that is something positive for us. We are yet to pick our form having drawn the first game (vs Uganda) but I believe it won’t be an easy game for both teams at all.” Aboagye who played over hundred games for Egyptian giants Al-Ahly added in the interview with Metro FM.
Aboagye has been invited to appear as a pundit on Egypt -based Television – ON Sport TV – – for the much talked about Egypt – Ghana blockbuster this weekend and will leave Ghana on Wednesday for Cairo.
Follow Gariba Raubil on twitter : Follow @GRAUBIL