The son of the member of Parliament for Hohoe Constituency and Minister of Rainways Peter Amewu, has been invited to the country’s Men’s National U-20 team-Black Satellites.
Amewu has been included in coach Samuel Boadu‘s third batch of the Black Satellites squad to report to the Ghanaman Centre of Excellence at Prampram at 1pm on Wednesday, March 22, for training and screening.
This forms part of the national exercise to grant equal opportunities to players to justify their inclusion in the team.
Coach Samuel Boadu has already accessed two different batches as his technical team continues to look at players to form the nucleus of the Black Satellites.
The Tema City FC player’s talent, has caught the attention of the Black Satellites’ Technical team and has, thus, been given opportunity to report to the Technical Centre at Prampram on Wednesday, March 22, 2023 for further observation.
Name: Israel Amewu
Current club: Tema City FC
Second Position: Attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Similar type of player: Ángel Di María
– pace : Very good
– dribbling , Very good
– ball control : good
– technique:Very good
– passing :Good
– creativity l:Very Good
– crossing :Very Good
– first touch: Good
– versatility :Good
– long shots :Excellent
– set-pieces : Excellent
– efficiency in 1vs1 defensive duels
Style of play:
– flamboyant winger
– has many qualities to play as an advanced playmaker as well
– tall player with decent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– creative player with very good technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– very good coordination, balance, and footwork for a player of his size
– likes to dribble
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside, and create himself a decent opportunity to score or pass
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball
– very strong in 1v1 situations and confident of his skills
– above-average passing and playmaking skills
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement, and close control
– very dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and movement
– very good ability at first touch/high speed in 1-2 combinations style of play
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces
– able to dribble and provide good crosses at top speed
– doesn’t use his right weaker foot very often but is able to shoot and cross quite comfortably with it
– competent set-piece taker